As midlife beckons, life continues to require chores and routines, and sometimes you might find yourself just going through the motions without even realizing that you could be seeking out some excitement instead. These 9 positive life changing strategies for baby boomers can help you moving forward with agility. Just imagine! No more days where you wonder if there’s something better. No more hearing yourself complain about being bored.
Even though there will always be chores and other required tasks, the time you have can be a fulfilling set of exciting adventures. With a little ingenuity and action, boredom and fear of the future can become a faint memory of your past.
Try these strategies to change up your daily routine:
1. Challenge yourself. It doesn’t matter what you choose to do, but find something that challenges you. Push your limits. Not only will you be adding excitement to your life, you’ll also end up accomplishing more of those bucket list items than you ever thought you could!
2. Dare yourself to do something totally different. You may find excitement by just going in a different direction than you’re used to. If you take daily walks, try a new route. If you always enjoy a certain meal at a restaurant, pick something else or even a new restaurant next time. Recently widowed or divorced? Maybe it’s time to get out there and start dating. These small variances from the norm can be just the pick-me-up you’re seeking.
3. Expand your comfort zone. Summon the courage to step out of your comfort zone. It can feel quite exciting, get your heart pumping faster, and make you feel alive again. When you step outside your comfort zone, you open up a door to a whole new world of exciting experiences.
4. Do something you’ve always wanted to do. If there’s something you’ve been meaning to try, now is the time. Go for it with all the gusto you’ve got!
5. Make adventures a priority. If necessary, schedule excitement into your daily schedule. This will force you to take it just as seriously as your other commitments, but also give you an allotted time where your focus is solely on enjoying an adventure.
6. Meet new people. Meeting new people can bring you a new variety of adventure and excitement. When you make a new friend, they may introduce you to new interests, hobbies, music, food, and more. It’s difficult to stay bored when you’re letting new people into your life.
7. Go out more. Make an extra effort to get out of the house. Whenever you walk out that door, the possibilities are endless. Make every outing a new adventure!
8. Plan a grand adventure. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii or visit far away friends. Maybe you have always wanted to hike part of the Appalachian Trail, or visit the Grand Canyon. You may have to spend a good amount of time saving up for the trip, but even the anticipation of the trip and planning the details can be exciting.
9. Volunteer your time. You may think that volunteering is only about the giving of yourself for the good of others. However, volunteering can be personally rewarding and even exciting. You may find that you genuinely enjoy helping other people, and you never know what you’ll discover in the course of volunteering.
Life can be as exciting as you want it to be. Take action to plan your time according to your priorities, and use these 9 strategies and tips to help you take advantage of every moment you’ve got. You’ll be glad you did!
- Enjoy aging? Really?
- WYSIWYG Relationships
- Women & Sex After 50: Are Your Girlfriends Telling The Truth?
- Solo Travel For Baby Boomer Women