Baby Boomer Super Models at 50+ Are Super Inspiration!
Baby boomer super models are a fashion force to be reckoned with! At varying ages, but all over the age of fifty, all of these women are absolutely gorgeous still, radiating a confidence and inner beauty that – in our opinion – far surpasses the lovely images that came to us off the pages of the popular magazines of the day.
Both individually and collectively, these beautiful baby boomer women had a huge impact on shaping our own images of self, and still do in a far different way. Just a few of yesterdays super models:
- Valerie Ramsey: A ‘late bloomer’ to the world of high fashion modeling, Valerie Ramsey is the mother of six and grandmother of eight. After raising a family and starting a career, she got her first modeling job at the age of 63! Valerie Ramsey is a stunningly beautiful and graceful 60-something!
- Iman: The wife of performer David Bowie, Iman is a Somalian-born supermodel who, at the age of 54, remains gorgeous and glamorous.
- Carmen Dell’Orefice: At 80, Carmen Del’orefice is an inspiration. The world’s oldest working supermodel , this extraordinary woman attributes her impeccable beauty to…Bag Balm!
- Christie Brinkley: Still the stunning uptown girl with that girl-next-door appeal, Brinkley cuts a gorgeous figure still at the age of 56!
- Twiggy: Who could forget Twiggy? The waif-like British supermodel soared to the top of the modeling world with her frail body image. She quickly moved on to acting and singing became an icon, spurring the release of a Barbie sized doll with Twiggy’s figure, a wax sculpture at Madame Tussaud’s museum, and countless other references in books and music.
These lovely baby boomer super models are an inspiration for women everywhere who are facing midlife, perimenopause and the thrills (and chills!) of menopause! From authors to couture designers like Kay Unger…to criminal profilers, the most inspirational 50-something gals are emerging as a social, political and economic force to be reckoned with!
These women prove that aging gracefully is a way of life for many of today’s mature women. Browse our site for some great makeup tips and great fashion tips for fifty-somethings to help you be the best you can be!